Certified Somatic Sex Therapist
Who seeks Somatic Sex Therapist Certification?
Mental health professionals who focus primarily on the sexual health and well-being of individuals and couples, inclusive of somatically based foundations. Somatic Sex Therapist Certification applicants apply theory and methods to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of psychosocial and physical dysfunction, disability, or impairment. Services consist of somatic and sex therapy assessment, diagnosis, psychological treatment, physiological considerations and modalities specifical to somatic psychotherapy.
Why Apply for the Certified Somatic Sex Therapist?
Certification as a somatic sex therapist provides assurance to the public that you have obtained advance training in the field and have the endorsement of an international certifying body, and allows clinicians to feel comfortable working with emerging somatic methodologies and sex therapy practices. Certification also helps you stand out to potential employers and maximize earning potential.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A current IBOSP membership in good standing
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a mental health or medical field.
- Current professional license or equivalent as an independent practitioner.
- Documentation of fifty (50) hours of somatic sex therapy training in somatic modalities including foundations, trauma, diversity, and movement-based skills.
- Proof of liability insurance
- Have two satisfactory colleague references completed by a licensed (or comparable) mental health or medical professional.
- Adherence to the IBOSP Code of Ethics.