Certified Kink Conscious Therapist
Who seeks Certified Kink Conscious Therapist ?
Mental health professionals who focus primarily on the sexual health and well-being of individuals and couples, inclusive of kink practices. Kink conscious therapist certification applicants apply theory and methods to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of psychosocial and relational distress and/or dysfunction. Coursework includes foundations of BDSM/Kink as well as specific clinical issues and cultural considerations to help practitioners create a coherent and distinct treatment plan.
Why Apply for the Certified Kink Conscious Therapist?
Certification as a kink conscious therapist provides assurance to the public that you have obtained advance training in the field and have the endorsement of an international certifying body, and allows clinicians to feel comfortable working with any sexual or relational practice their clients may present with.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A current IBOSP membership in good standing
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a mental health or medical field.
- Current professional license or equivalent as an independent practitioner.
- Documentation of twenty-six (26) hours of kink training to include topics such as foundations, kink and mental health, and ego-dystonic sexual expression, integrating kink and harm reduction, and clinical issues regarding the negotiation of consent.
- Proof of liability insurance
- Have two satisfactory colleague references completed by a licensed (or comparable) mental health or medical professional.
- Adherence to the IBOSP Code of Ethics.