Sex Researcher Professional Certification
Who seeks Sex Researcher Professional Certification?
Individuals who conduct research on issues related to sex, sexuality, gender, and sexual health. Some sex researchers work in academia, non-profit organizations, mental health, healthcare, community centers, and independent labs.
Why Apply for Sex Researcher Professional?
Certification as a sex researcher provides assurance to the public that you have obtained advanced training in the field and have the endorsement of an international certifying body. Certification also helps you stand out as an expert.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A current IBOSP membership in good standing
- A minimum of a college degree
- A minimum of one year of research experience in the field
- A minimum of two peer reviewed research articles
- Documentation of 50 hours of education in sex, research, and statistical methods
- Two recommendation letters from a colleague or IBOSP member
- Adherence to the IBOSP Code of Ethics.