Certified Kink Conscious Educator
Who seeks Kink Conscious Educator Certification?
Kink Conscious Educators applicants teach in the classroom at the elementary, secondary, and higher education levels. They may also provide education for groups of children, adolescents, or adults, training for professionals, and outreach and education in community-based, healthcare, corporate, and faith-based settings. Sexuality educators also may design and conduct workshops, courses, and seminars; contribute to the sexuality education literature; develop curriculum; plan and administer programs; deliver lectures; and provide one-on-one client education sessions. Coursework includes foundations of BDSM/Kink as well as specific clinical issues and cultural considerations to help practitioners create a coherent and distinct treatment plan.
Why Apply for the Kink Conscious Educator Certification?
Certification as am kink conscious educator provides assurance to the public that you have obtained advance training in the field and have the endorsement of an international certifying body, and allows clinicians to feel comfortable working with any nonnormative sexual or relational practice their clients may present with.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A current IBOSP membership in good standing
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in the educational field
- Twenty-six (26) hours of kink training including foundations, kink and mental health, and ego-dystonic sexual expression, integrating kink and harm reduction, and issues regarding the negotiation of consent.
- Two satisfactory colleague references
- Adherence to the IBOSP Code of Ethics.