Certified Kink Conscious Counselor
IBOSP Certified Kink Conscious Counselors are professionals in areas including medicine, healthcare, mental health, education, coaching, and consulting who work with clients to address issues related to relationships and sex. Certified Kink Conscious Counselors will have comprehensive training in kink practices including relationships, and provide permission, limited information, and specific suggestions to resolve questions, concerns, and issues clients have related to
Who seeks Certified Kink Conscious Counselor
Professionals in areas including medicine, healthcare, mental health, education, coaching, and consulting who work with clients to address issues related to kink practices. Kink Conscious Counselors Certification applicants apply theory and methods to the treatment and prevention of psychosocial and relational distress and/or dysfunction. Coursework includes foundations of BDSM/Kink as well as specific issues and cultural considerations to help practitioners create a coherent and distinct treatment plan.
Why Apply for the Certified Kink Conscious Counselor?
Certification as a Kink Conscious Counselor provides assurance to the public that you have obtained advance training in the field and have the endorsement of an international certifying body, and allows you to feel comfortable working with non- normative sexual or relational practice their clients may present with.
What are the basic eligibility requirements?
- A current IBOSP membership in good standing
- A minimum of a college degree
- Documentation of twenty-six (26) hours of kink training including topics such as: foundations, kink and mental health, and ego-dystonic sexual expression, integrating kink and harm reduction, and issues regarding the negotiation of consent.
- Have two satisfactory colleague references completed by a licensed (or comparable) mental health or medical professional.
- Adherence to the IBOSP Code of Ethics.